Doing Business In Saudi Arabia

ima logo
/media/49869/pp_piccrop.jpg
 
 

SABB - Saudi British Bank

SABB
Head Office
P.O. Box 9084
Riyadh 11413
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Fax: 00966 - 11 - 2764356
Tel: 00966 -11- 440-8888 (overseas)
sabb@sabb.com
www.sabb.com

 

 

SABB Logo


SABB in KSA

SABB was incorporated in 1978 and is a publicly listed joint stock company. HSBC owns 40% of SABB's shares with the remaining 60% owned by individual and institutional shareholders, predominantly Saudi citizens.


SABB is considered an "associate" member of HSBC Group.

Since its incorporation in 1978, SABB has grown into a premier financial services group in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Bank currently employs over 3000 full time staff and has 90 branches and almost 500 ATMs. There are a considerable number of financial institutions/establishments of diverse sizes and complexity in the Kingdom amongst which are 11 major banking entities. SABB is a major contributor to the local banking market and has substantial presence in the 3 provinces in the Kingdom.

It is a full financial services entity providing comprehensive services in the areas of Personal Banking, Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Private Banking, Islamic Banking, Treasury Services, Equity Broking and Custody, Mutual Funds, Trade Services, Credit Cards, Electronic Banking and Insurance. It has the reputation for being one of the best managed banks in Saudi Arabia.

It is seen as a technological and market leader in a number of businesses. SABB's primary objective during the past three years has been to become a 'Joined Up' institution identifying with the needs of value creating customers. Achievement of the stated objective has been made possible through a restructuring exercise which has enabled SABB to be more aligned to the needs of its target customers and by creating specialized JVs and/or subsidiaries being, HSBC Saudi Arabia Limited, SABB Takaful, SABB Securities Limited, SABB Insurance Agency Limited and SABB Insurance Services Limited.

With a paid up capital of SAR 7.5 billion (US$ 2 billion), its assets of SAR 126.8 billion (US$33.8 billion), and profit of SAR 2,032 million (US$542 million) at 31 December 2009, SABB ranks among the biggest and most solid financial institutions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Key SABB Firsts

1983        First bank to issue credit cards in KSA
1983        First local bank with a fully integrated online computer network
1984        First Saudi bank to introduce ATMs
1997        First Saudi company to introduce an MBA scholarship program
2000        First bank in the Kingdom to introduce ATMs with Braille
2004        First Saudi bank to issue Euro Bonds to the value of US$600 million
2005        First Saudi bank to offer share subscription through ATMS
2005        First Islamic bank to sign leasing contracts based on the Islamic Ijara concept
2006        First bank to adopt Islamic hedging of interest rates 

Industry Awards

SABB

Global Finance Awards 2009

Best Trade Finance Bank in Saudi Arabia;
Best Consumer Internet Bank in Saudi Arabia;
Best Online Consumer Credit Site in the Middle East and Africa

Euromoney Awards 2009

Best Overall Private Bank in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia's Best Cash Management Bank

The Asian Banker Awards 2009

Saudi Arabia's Strongest Bank

The Banker Magazine Awards 2009

Bank of the Year in Saudi Arabia

Global Finance Awards 2010

Best Trade Finance Bank in Saudi Arabia (for 2nd consecutive year)
Best Sub-Custodian Bank
Best Call Centre in the Middle East

Euromoney Awards 2010

Best International Islamic Bank - SABB Amanah

World Bank's IFC Awards 2010

The Most Active Confirming Bank in the MENA Region

Global Finance Awards 2010

Best Online Consumer Credit Site in Saudi Arabia (for the 5th consecutive year)
Best Bill Payment & Presentment Bank in MENA Region

HSBC Saudi Arabia

Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2009: Best Investment Bank in Saudi Arabia
Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2009: Best Debt House in the Middle East
Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2009: Best Cash Management House in the Middle East
EMEA Finance Awards 2009: Best Foreign Investment Bank in Saudi Arabia
Lipper Fund Awards 2009: Best Saudi Equity Fund

SABB Takaful

Euromoney Awards 2009: Global Best Takaful Provider